Reply To: Topix 2007-2009, Discussing: Financial Violations and Abuse at The Brooklyn Tabernacle

Home Forums The Forum Topix 2007-2009, Discussing: Financial Violations and Abuse at The Brooklyn Tabernacle Reply To: Topix 2007-2009, Discussing: Financial Violations and Abuse at The Brooklyn Tabernacle

Foundation
Participant

btmember
8/21/2008
Comment #161

“Don’t blame Paul White for having the courage to say in a public forum what so many members and or employees have felt, seen and wanted to say, but have kept quiet out of fear. Let Pastor Cymbala respond to “the madness” by acknowledging that there are real problems in God’s church. It is NOT his church, as he has said in staff meetings. I do not believe he is an evil man; I believe he loves God, but that he is blinded by his own absolute power. He is only a man, and is capable of wrongdoing. He just needs to be humble enough to be willing to LISTEN to his own members’ complaints. We don’t want to hurt him, but he is hurting and has hurt MANY people, and for other members to justify his actions by saying “he is only human” and accuse others of “smearing” his name is a cover-up for exposing the truth. The morale of this church is a mess, and there needs to be a major overhaul of accountability and practices, starting with the leadership, namely, Pastor Cymbala. Everyone else in “leadership” are his “yes” men. Let’s see if any of the leaders have the courage to finally “stop the madness” and go to him and implore him to address the issues written all over this blog. If there is nothing to hide, just reveal the financial statements to the tithing members of the church, and acknowledge that the way this church is run is not biblical or healthy. I pray for him, the leadership and other members, as we love our Pastor and the church. But things have been allowed to get out of hand for so long, and now we are reaping what has been sown.”

Segments of the original Topix Discussion can be found on The Wayback Machine, HERE.